Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pleasing Breakfast in Taipei

Breakfast o Breakfast... Where are you? You are the one i need to start my day...

I search around with the wise guy- the internet! And found this place which is located inside a wet market. So i decided to jump on the easy accessible MRT and head to this place.

Wow! Wow! Wow!
That’s my first reaction when i reach the place. It’s located on the 2nd floor of the wet market and you would never guess the queue when I reach the shop. Such a shop would attract that much of people? Hell they do.....

Waited in the queue for another 30 minutes before i place my order..... Yummy!!! my turn to choose the food... The menu is all in chinese which is too bad but they are nice enough to offer you their advice. Nice people and service is fast.... Despite the crowd, the crew their still put on a happy face .. It worth the wait and my time to travel there.

My o my.. thats my breakfast!

Salty tofu is new to me. It taste like steam egg but slightly watery and comes with bit of vegetable inside the tofu. You can choose to add chilies oil on top which I did because I saw everyone doing the same. I guess it’s how you eat this dish. The tofu is soft and the vegetable are cut into small pieces and the crispiness of the vegetable with a little of soy sauce in it make this dish so appetizing.


The delicious watery salty tofu

The crispy bread ('sao ping') is another must try food when you are there. You can choose either the think or the thin bread as your bread. This dish is complimented with fried long doughnut ('you tiau'). The doughnut and the bread are made on spot for the customer. However I find their doughnut could be better. It’s not so crispy as I wish it is.

Thin layer crispy bread aka Sao Ping

I also order wrapped rice 'fan tuan'. It’s one of many popular dishes in Taiwan. The rice is wrapping in plastic. In between the rice, there are crispy doughnut, chicken floss and salty vegetables. Its one inviting dishes to be honest.

The famous local delicacies- Fan Tuan

Their soya bean is smooth as baby skin and the aroma of the soya is enticing. It’s something not to be missed when you are there.
The so soft soya bean

Honestly, thumbs up for their food and service but be prepared for the long queue especially on weekend and public holidays. It’s full of Taiwanese feel of delicacies. Best part, the foods are fresh from oven..... Or the barrel

Address
MRT: Shandao station

FU HANG DOU JIANG
Hua Shan Market
2nd Floor, No. 108, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Sec. 1
(02) 2392-2175
(Note: Don't bother calling. They are WAYYYY to busy to attend your call)

No comments:

Post a Comment