Thursday, March 3, 2011

Icey Monster on Breezy Day in Taipei

The weather is now 18 degree Celsius with wind blowing like craze but it’s almost the end of my trip in Taipei and I have yet to try the famous ice monster there. It’s a food that should not be missed when you are in Taipei and with such weather should I forgo? NOOOOO~~~

It’s a stretched walk after the MRT station. About 20 minutes I guess and here I am in front of the famous shop.
Me in front of the famouse ice monster shop.
Apologize for the messy hair. Windy day!

They are well-known for the mango ice monster and I am a bit so spoilt by the choices available thus I ordered the mix and match aka fresh fruit mix shave- a combination of red pinky strawberry, bright green kiwi and sparkling orange yellowish mango cactus coco. It cost NWT160. It is a bit expensive compared to what I have seen in other places in Taipei but.... let's give it a try since it’s a popular shop. According to them, due to the in availability of mangoes during this season they trade their famous mango to mango flavored cactus coco. Its taste good thou but cactus coco is something cheap where else mango is costly if too compared. Why are they still charging same price?
Mix tempting mix shave

Back to the mix fruit shave that I have ordered… the fruit are fresh and it’s sweet, juicy and chewy for the mango cactus coco. They top their famous ice monster with thick condensed milk and lastly mango ice cream to top the mountain high monster..... Honestly, it such a big portion for 1 people to finish.
Too big for me? Let's see.....

It is so windy outside that I am cursing while eating it. A part of me wanted to finish it but a part of me wanted to skip it. The food is way too good to be wasted so I ended up finish it all by myself.
My advice, go during other season because they are famous for the mango shave and you will not get to try it during this season and talking about the worth to pay, it’s not worth during this season too.

Address
MRT: CKC Memorial Hall

Ice Monster
15 Yongkang St, Taipei City
http://www.icemonster.com.tw

No comments:

Post a Comment